• Proud since 1838 - Rangers Valley

IT ALL BEGAN IN 1838.

Rangers Valley has stood proud as a major contributor to the Australian agricultural industry since 1839.

1838

THE ARRIVAL


THE ARRIVAL

Oswald Bloxsome, a qualified draughtsman, arrived in Sydney with his wife, Henrietta and 12 year-old son, Oswald.

1839

Land of the Beardies


Land of the Beardies

Bloxsome was in the first party to seek land. They nicknamed the region the ‘Land of the Beardies’, as all explorers had beards.

1839

Rangers Valley History - Feeling Sheepish


Feeling Sheepish

Rangers Valley was established as a sheep property and quickly became renowned for producing quality wool.

1845

Rangers Valley History - More Land


More Land

Bloxsome was successful in obtaining a license to pasture stock beyond the limits of the station.

1845

HISTORY_r2_c13


The Growth

By 1845, Rangers Valley covered an area of 45,000 acres and carried 335 cattle and 13,581 sheep.

1848

HISTORY_r2_c15


Even More Land

Bloxsome applied for a Crown Lease on Rangers Valley for 70,000 acres with an estimated grazing capacity of 18,000 sheep.

1885

HISTORY_r4_c2


The Build

The Rangers Valley Homestead was built and it still stands today, forming the cornerstone of the property.

1885

HISTORY_r4_c4


80,000 acres

By the mid 1880’s, Bloxsome had taken up several more leases and Rangers Valley spread over 80,000 acres, ran 41,481 sheep and 1050 cattle.

1900’s

HISTORY_r4_c7


Sold

The Campbell brothers of Inverell Station acquired the Rangers Valley property. They extended the homestead and introduced Hereford cattle.

1960’s

HISTORY_r4_c10


The Crothers

The station was taken over by RJ Crothers, whose son, Bob, established the feedlot company that administers the property today.

1988

HISTORY_r4_c13


The Transformation

Rangers Valley was purchased by the Marubeni Corporation and transformed into a world-class cattle station and feedlot.

Today

HISTORY_r4_c15


Today

The award winning Rangers Valley feedlot is the 4th largest in Australia with a capacity of 32,000 head and is located on the 12,000 acres Rangers Valley property.

More about Marubeni

Marubeni is a historical Japanese trading house, with a history dating back to 1858, with Rangers Valley their first investment in an integrated supply chain. With the Japanese imported beef market about to liberalise, Marubeni saw the opportunity to develop an Australian premium grain fed beef supplier based on Japanese expertise. The aim was to produce beef that would be an alternative to the Japanese domestic beef.